Buttermilk Ricotta Cheesecake
Author: King Valley Dairy
Recipe type: Dessert
Time of Year: Anytime
- ½ packet of Marie biscuits
100g butter melted
400g buttermilk ricotta or skim ricotta
- 6 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Finely grated zest of 3 lemons
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Make crust:
- In a blender add the biscuits and pulse until it resembles bread crumbs. Remove and add the melted butter.
- Make filling and bake cake:
- Heat oven to 160 deg C
- Pulse ricotta in food processor until fluffy and smooth. Add eggs, vanilla bean seeds and sugar and mix until blended. Stir in flour and lemon
- Butter springform pan and push in crust about ½ cm thick on base.
- Pour in ricotta mix. Bake in baking pan in middle of oven until cake is puffed and golden, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around top edge of cake to loosen and cool completely in springform pan on rack.
- Chill, loosely covered, at least 4 hours. Remove side of pan and transfer cake to a plate. Bring to room temperature and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
You can change the flavouring to suit your taste. Try adding things like - Fresh Berries, poached fruit or cocoa powder.